Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Release: AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG by Chicki Brown #mustread #newrelease #ebook @chicki663

 I'm excited to announce the release of AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG by my dear friend, former critique partner and best selling author Chicki Brown! I love Chicki's writing and adore her books, which tend to 
be entertaining and thought-provoking. 


And her latest book has hit the shelves!


 AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG is a story about Hollywood film star Vaughn Breland, and physical therapist Trenyce Clark. When a man loses everything he values, can he find something more precious in return?

Hollywood film star Vaughn Breland has wrecked his beloved Lamborghini, lost his latest movie role, the use of his legs and possibly his fabulous good looks. He’s depressed and mad at the world then he meets Trenyce Clark, his new physical therapist. Trenyce, and her beautiful three-year-old daughter, give him a new outlook on life.
 HERE IS A TEASER
 
“Any other questions?” The statuesque therapist asked.
I shook my head.  She touched my arm, and I could’ve sworn I felt a familiar stirring, if it hadn’t been for the pain pushing it away. My good eye studied her face. She was definitely attractive, and she smelled like good perfume. Could even be beautiful with her hair and makeup done. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet.” 
“We can talk about this another time. I don’t want to tire you out. If you need anything else, just have one of the nurses contact me. My office is just upstairs. Please give serious consideration to putting off the move to California.”
The second she left the room, Devon said, “I’m with her, man. Craig was serious about his offer. It would be cheaper and safer, even though I know the idea of staying here in Ski-ville doesn’t thrill you. But you’d be living in luxury.”
Finally giving the option consideration, I said, “I guess I would need a nurse.”
“Yeah, until you can get around by yourself. I’m sure the hospital can arrange private duty. Do you want me to check into it for you?”
“I’d appreciate it, man.” I hesitated. “But I don’t want her as my physical therapist. You got me?”
“Why not?”
“For one thing, I don’t want a woman.”
Devon’s eyes widened. “Are you kidding me?  You, the lover of all things female?” He snickered.
“Not when I’m incapacitated.”
“I just met her. You’d change your mind if you saw her.  She’s beautiful. If I was single, I wouldn’t need to be convinced to let her massage me.” That got a snort from me. “Since when have you ever had a problem with a beautiful woman?”
“Look at me, Dev. I can’t even take a piss by myself, and for all I know, I might look like Freddy Krueger under these bandages. Not very sexy.”
“Oh, that legendary Breland pride is getting in the way. Tell me why you need to be sexy with your therapist. You wouldn’t start working with her until you’re on your feet anyway. Maybe they can find you another PT. One that’s less attractive.” Devon snickered. “It’s up to you, V. Just tell me what you need me to do.”
“Get Dr. Liu for me. He can tell Ms. Carter my decision.”
“All right, I’m going to the nurses’ station to see if someone knows where to find him. You’re such a punk, you know that?” Devon exited the room on a laugh.
The expense of transport back to L.A. had made my decision for me. Although it had been years since I’d lived under someone else’s roof, I decided to take Craig up on his offer.

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR...RUN AND GET YOUR COPY!!!!

Buy links:

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate you giving my new release such great exposure, Ednah! Here's hoping you and yours have a blessed and peaceful Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Chicki. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is done using techniques such as hydrotherapy, remedial exercise, Mississauga style massage, rhythmic
    mobilizations, laser therapy and myofascial therapy.

    Remember that you are usually limited to a number of sessions so you might want to consider paying
    out of your own pocket. You will also get the chance to participate in discussions along
    with your fellow students.
    Also visit my weblog ; roxacuuk.ucoz.com

    ReplyDelete